Our network

News

Hapeville Moved Historic Christ Church (c. 1895)

On Saturday, July 10th, the Historic Christ Church was hoisted onto beams and moved to Jess Lucas Park located at 680 S. Central Avenue. The move was executed by Roy Bishop Housemovers. The project was a joint effort of the City of Hapeville, the Hapeville Association of Tourism and Trade (HATT) and the Hapeville Historical Society.

The Historic Christ Church was located at the Depot Complex, right along the railroad tracks on South Central Avenue. The proximity to the railroad tracks had taken its toll overtime and engineers who looked at the building advised that the structure must be moved in order to save it. Movement to the park location away from the noise and vibration will ensure that the structure could be enjoyed by future generations.